SportStart, a funding opportunity provided by Island Savings Credit Union’s Community Investment program, is for children and youth under 19 years who require full or partial funding in order to participate in PISE Community Programs. Island Savings is committed to programs that aim to improve the quality of life for Island families and build strong communities. Their Growing Island Families Together (GIFT) program reflects the credit union’s passion for building relationships within the community to facilitate sustainable, positive change.
PISE considers the social and economic barriers facing the young person’s family when determining eligibility for funding. Financial burden is the key criteria to qualifying for the SportStart Grant. To help manage the increased demand and to ensure fair distribution of funding, as resources allow, first time applicants will receive priority for grant funding. If funding is available, returning applicants will be considered.
- Children under 19 years old at time of program commencement are eligible to apply for a grant.
- Grants are applied directly to PISE for the payment of PISE sport camps and community programs.
- Applications must be received 2 weeks prior to the beginning of the program requested, and payment for the program should not have been made. We cannot process the grant in time for the program if it is submitted later than this.
- Preference is given to first time applicants.
- Grant amount awarded is based on need, with a limit of $250 per child/per fiscal year. (April 1 – March 31)
- Incomplete applications will be returned.
- Reference should be someone who is familiar with the child and aware of your family circumstances. Reference cannot be a family member or relation. Suggested references are: coach, teacher, school counsellor, neighbor.
- Additional clarification of circumstances may be requested.
1. Once the completed application is received and approved by PISE, a confirmation email will be sent to the family confirming funding for the program.
2. Please keep a photocopy of the application for your records.
3. Please allow a minimum of 10 days for review of application; processing time will vary depending on the availability of funds.
PRIVACY / CONFIDENTIALITY
PISE respects your privacy. We never sell, trade or loan your information to any other organization. Information provided in this application is being collected for the purpose of administering SportStart. This information will only be disclosed to PISE personnel who need the information to carry out the responsibilities of their job.
If you have any questions about our SportStart grant please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.